On RNZ’s banning of Bomber Bradbury

October 10th, 2011

The lifelong ban that RNZ has now been imposed of Martyn “Bomber” Bradbury for breaching the state broadcaster’s hallowed standards of balance is outrageous, even if privately, Bomber is probably having a Groucho Marx moment – in that, in the wake of RNZ’s craven behaviour, he probably wouldn’t want to be a member anymore of any Jim Mora panel that would have him as a member.

In his position, I’d feel exactly the same way. In future, this will leave the Mora panel reaching for Chris Trotter as its only token ‘left wing’ balance to the endless stream of right wing guests on the show.

Does this mean that maRNZ’s notion of balance should now require the likes of Matthew Hooton to be kept off the airwaves in the name of balance? After I did an abrasive interview with National party leader Don Brash for the Listener before the 2005 election I recall Hooton calling me ‘evil’ on RNZ and adding for good measure that a journalist with my extreme views should never have been let anywhere near Brash.

No-one from RNZ called me up to ask for my response to my character and professional integrity being slagged by Hooton on RNZ, and nor would I expect them to – much less that Hooton should be banned from state airwaves for life. It is called freedom of expression. Democracy is supposed to be robust enough to handle criticism of anyone, and especially of a Prime Minister whose (carefully packaged) personality is a recognised element in this year’s election campaign.

Bradbury’s alleged sins and Mora’s response are worth quoting in full. After slamming Radio Live for the hour long infomercial that it had gifted to the Prime Minister and which had allowed Key an uninterrupted forum to express his views about cats and Coronation Street, Bradbury then went on to say this:

And John Key’s attempt yesterday to blame the Labour Party for a man’s attempted self harm in Parliament is a new low, even for Parliament.

Yelling, “It’s your fault, it’s your fault” while making a throat slashing gesture at Phil Goff (as a man with mental health issues dangled from Parliament’s balcony) is the sort of ravings one expects from a meth addict on a bender, not the political leader of a country.

Topping this nonsense off is Key’s excuse that he was actually talking about Labour’s criticism of his over spending on the Diplomatic Protection service? What could justify making a throat slashing gesture at Phil Goff for an event that had all the implications of an attempted suicide if the guy had actually fallen? What a lovely – what a lovely – little piece of work our Prime Minister is when he is caught off guard.

The above comment – in a segment where guest panelists are explicitly asked to speak their minds – had led to a lifelong RNZ ban for Bradbury. For that reason alone, it is worth recording the immediate response by Mora as soon as Bradbury had finished:

Mora : There was certainly a lot of acrimony across Parliament when that happened. I was a bit confused. I didn’t see the TV coverage.

Bradbury : I was watching it, I was watching tt…

Mora : Getting back to your point about Radio Live. What did he say about cats? That’s the thing. Because people like cats. And I’m sure they’d be keen to hear what the Prime Minister thought about the moving of Coronation Street.

Only after this point did co-guest John Bishop make some ‘balancing’ remarks about Key’s behaviour in Parliament. Point being, if RNZ’s concern was with balance and its own standards, why was that opportunity not taken up straight away by Mora, the programme’s host – who instead, chose to try and trivialise Bradbury’s comments by defending the PM talking about cats (“That’s the thing”) rather than meet the substantive issue head on? Cats were the thing on a day when, as Bradbury had said in his preamble, the country’s credit rating had just been downgraded? In context, it is evident that it was Bradbury who was raising the substantive issues and trying to keep the discussion on a serious course – and RNZ that is dodging its opportunity to respond, and lunging for the life raft of triviality.

Ultimately, Bradbury has been made to pay the price not only for RNZ’s forelock-tugging deference to its political paymasters – but also for Mora’s failure to defuse the situation at the time by offering even the semblance of a substantive response to the issues Bradbury had been raising. (‘I didn’t see it, lets talk about cats’ is not really cutting it.)

Finally, one of the most interesting things about the Bradbury affair is that no-one has rebutted his interpretation of Key’s contemptible actions. The mainstream media has instead tiptoed carefully around Key’s comments and throat-slitting action (largely, by ignoring them) or has tried to blur its meaning with a ‘both sides at fault’ response… eg Mora’s comment “There was certainly a lot of acrimony across Parliament when that happened.” This conveniently fails to address the fact that the acrimony was triggered by Key’s words and actions.

********

Content Sourced from scoop.co.nz
Original url

1. 53 Responses to “On RNZ’s banning of Bomber Bradbury”

2. By lyndon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Latest from Bomber (twitter link): “RNZ now claim they banned me because I defamed the PM that wasn’t mentioned in their call to me, they r making this up as they go along now”

3. By lyndon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Although it’s not listed on the RNZ website this audio seems to be online.

There’s also the 9 Oct Mediawatch, where the relevant bit apparently starts about 26 minutes in.

4. By Neil Watts on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Great stuff Gordon.
      Cheers.
      Especially the final paragraph.

5. By Aaron on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Dave Armstrong will be the other left commentator option, I’d imagine.

6. By Matthew Hooton on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Did I really call you “evil”? Sorry about that. As for extreme views ….

7. By simon on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Guests on Jim Mora’s Panel have included:

Barry Corbett, who publicly excused the killing of a tagger and exonerated the killer.

Michael Bassett, who described Nicky Hager as “New Zealand’s answer to David Irving”

Ian Wishart … enough said.

And so on. I find their views repugnant. But it has never occurred to me to demand that they should be banned. Challenged, yes – most definitely. Or, we can just switch off. I certainly won’t be listening any more.

This is a sad and shameful day for Radio New Zealand.

8. By Kate Lang on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

The TV coverage of Key during the incident, before his response, was a view of his true self. Grey-green faced with self concern and cowardice, slumping into his chair for protection. Put that photo on his billboards! I’ve sent this to him in one of my regular comments already, just thought it bore repeating. Shame on the slimeball.

9. By Ian on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

So it’s Ok for the moron Leighton Smith to call Sue Bradford a ‘liar’, but no OK for Bomber?

10. By Carol Lahikainen on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I Heard Bomber that day and felt that here is the ONLY person on RNZ who speaks for those who are not comfortably well-off members on the middle class. No further reason to listen now is there.

11. By Shawn on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

As a regular panel listener I read about this with sadness. I missed this show but like Bomber and many other voters I was revolted with the PM’s performance in Parliament. Revolted and angry, and I for one am glad Bomber attacked Key in the way he did.
      However I am perplexed as to why it deserved even a warning, let alone a ban. This kind of harangue should be expected when you invite Bomber into a discussion, and I believe he has said a lot worse on the Panel in the past. Why is RNZ taking a stand now?

12. By Joe Blow on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Yeah, Boomber’s comments are hardly deserving of being banned or even repremanded for that matter. Looks like RNZ took those calls from National to axe it for being too left wing last year very seriously and are trying to tow the party line now… it’s a matter of survival in the current political climate of Key’s spic’n'span character politics… sickening.

13. By Susan Pearce on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

It annoys me when people discuss whether or not Bradbury ‘deserved’ it. A free country does not ban someone from talking unless they’re spreading hate. That’s the principle at stake.

Secondly, the Facebook page for Afternoons with Jim Mora is deleting any comments that refers to this affair. At least the Radio NZ main page is letting them stand, for now.

14. By Jeffrey Paparoa Holman on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Hi Gordon

Thanks for this – it is truly appalling. Key needs to be called to account, like any powerful person with a country at their disposal.
      I personally find his antics – not just his policies – are the sign of somebody with deep needs to be loved, a sign of his inner abandonment.
      If he was my patient and I was a therapist, I’d be asking him about his absent father.
      As he is not, and he is my political opponent, he can get his therapy elsewhere – and I will continue to resist what he stands for.

15. By slf on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

This is a serious blow to freedom of expression and whether you’re to the left or the right on the political spectrum, it’s in all our best interests to challenge this outrageous ban.

16. By max on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Also isn’t Jim Bolger’s former media minder running RNZ now?

Dark days.

god forbid he signs a painting for charity.

17. By Rimu on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

I want to thank Martyn for making his points clear and not giving into pet talk; I also want to thank Gordon for this excellent piece of writing.

Key has a lot in common with George Bush and can seriously damage this country at a time when we need leadership.

Bomber, run for Parliament.

18. By Sean on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Good article Gordon. Radio New Zealand needs to be called on this behaviour. Bomber told them what he was going to say when asked ‘What’s on your mind’ before the show.

Oddly enough, I didn’t know this was all happening until Mediawatch on Sunday morning was critical of the decision.

Maybe the RadioNZ editors sleep in on Sundays?

19. By Rose on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Carol, same here. I find the panel inane at best, offensive at worst. (An example that springs to mind: Jim Mora and two commentators debating how poor one has to be to be really considered poor, after someone had come on to talk about the shocking levels of child poverty in this country. It was the tone of it, these people who obviously have never gone hungry, idly speculating at what level of poverty to draw the line.)

So when I hear Bomber’s going to be on I always feel like Thank God, someone who’s going to talk about something real, and not dogs, or parking meters, or their new hairdo.

This sucks.

20. By Robert Robertson on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

it is a sad day that such actions happen in NZ
      However we shouldn’t be surprised
      No doubt Griffin will have some involvement
      Key deserves more than criticism but there isn’t
      Many in the media that even ask questions
      Why don’t RNZ get him on their main news progammes?
      He is so facile like the Emperor with new clothes!

21. By Leon Henderson on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Joe Blow, ya oughtta attempt to improve yer spellink: it is actually “Bomber Bradbury”.

Your innacurracy with such spelling is equally matched by your abysmal ignorance about Serbia, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya.

22. By Leon Henderson on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

Gordon Campbell: without people like you, we are automatically, and by default in Nazi Germany.

God help us all!

23. By Brian van Dam on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

The ban on Bradbury by RNZ is odious, and should be withdrawn immediately. While I cringed a little at Martyn’s bombastic style of delivery, and thought his ‘meth addict on a bender’ comment was rude towards Key, the substance of his comments were valid and topical. Who else was raising Key’s throat-slitting, or the cosy Radio Live advertorial Key got?

RNZ could have spoken to Bradbury and asked him to tone down his delivery style (but not content). They could have raised concerns over defamation (while highlighting his freedom to raise content). Instead they banned him. For shame RNZ.

In Jim Mora’s defense, he said he hadn’t seen the throat-slitting incident, so he couldn’t really comment on that. I had the feel his ‘cats’ comment was to deflect from Martyn’s over-the-top bombastic style.

Most telling – a subdued, but unbanned – Matthew Hooton on RNZ Nine to Noon today. Last week, Hooton ranted right over host Kathryn Ryan and his fellow guest. I don’t want Hooton banned at all, and nor should Martyn Bradbury be.

24. By mike smith on Oct 10, 2011 | Reply

played bomber’s piece to a rabid Nat earlier who laughed and then said ‘what great radio’.

25. By peterlepaysan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

I am not a conspiracy theorist, I lean to the view that most disasters are are caused by stupidity and incompetence.

The banning of Bradbury certainly suggests stupidity and incompetence. Presumably the arrival of Dick Griffin had no bearing on Cavanagh’s decision? Yeah Right!

When will Hooton be booted off?

When will Boag be booted off?

When will Edwards be booted off?

I really look forward to listening to a radio station dominated by Griffin/Crosby/Textor.

Hooton/Farrar will be having orgasms.

For Bradbury to have defamed Key he would have had to said things very differently.

For all his faults Key is not silly enough to take defamatory action against Bradbury.

Key has probably got a better case against Radio NZ for suggesting he would be stupid enough to take offence.

Griffin has thoroughly demeaned Cavanagh in the eyes of RNZ staff and established the rule of political party influence in national radio broadcasting.

Griffin will no doubt be in the honours list of a National led government. He can then be the Graf of Greytown knowing he has completely wrecked the idea of free speech in New Zealand.

26. By Peter on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

For most of the time the panel is a right wing talk fest, that makes me very uncomfortable, so
      I hardly ever listen to it.
      Bradbury when on added some sanity and humor.
      No reason to listen to this show anymore, I am
      not masochist enough.
      The banning of Bradbury is indeed very sad for
      public radio in NZ.
      I am going to write to RNZ and suggest others do the same.

27. By Stefan on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Look guys, Bomber is a pompous prick who loves the sound of his own voice. As a leftish guy myself I cringe whenever he is on that show, his opinions are predictable and emotionally overblown, and undermine any points he is trying to make. Like Leighton Smith with tattoos.

Having said that, this incident is outrageous. A lifetime ban?? for what exactly? Radio NZ have clearly panicked and have done more harm to their own image than to Key’s.

Couldn’t have hapenned to a nicer guy though…

28. By lyndon on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Via Facbook, Radio NZ/ Afternoons show response:

29. By Frank on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

This is indeed a coherent analysis of the situation – thankyou, Gordon.

I wrote to RNZ and recieved the Standard Reply from John Barr, RNZ’s Communications Manager;

“Hi Frank,

Thanks for taking the time to contact Radio New Zealand. We appreciate feedback from our regular listeners and I can assure you that your comments about Martyn Bradbury have been noted and passed on to the relevant people at Radio New Zealand National.

Radio New Zealand has monitored and noted the on-line, email, and blog discussions over recent days relating to The Panel and Martyn Bradbury’s performance last week. There are several points that need to be made.

Mr Bradbury has not been banned from Radio New Zealand. He was told that his invitation to appear as a future panellist on Afternoons had been withdrawn but there was no suggestion that it applied to other programmes.

Radio New Zealand received many complaints from listeners regarding Mr. Bradbury’s comments on The Panel during Afternoons with Jim Mora last Thursday.

The decision to withdraw Mr. Bradbury’s invitation to take part in future editions of The Panel was made by the programme’s Executive Producer immediately after the programme. That decision was supported by the senior manager responsible for the programme and subsequently by the Chief Executive and Editor-in-Chief.

Mr. Bradbury’s invitation to participate on The Panel was withdrawn because his personal comments about the Prime Minister were deemed to be in breach of Radio New Zealand’s editorial requirements for fairness and balance. One of his comments was regarded as being potentially defamatory. The segment in question was removed from the Radio New Zealand website because it was considered to be potentially defamatory and Radio New Zealand has a duty to protect the organization against defamation proceedings.

Participants on The Panel on Afternoons with Jim Mora are given plenty of latitude to express personal opinions but it is expected that these will be presented for engagement and discussion and that panellists will conform to Radio New Zealand’s editorial policies and broadcast standards. A relationship of trust and confidence between the programme presenter, producers, and panellists is essential for the programme to be effective.

Mr Bradbury’s comments on The Panel on Afternoons last Thursday were inconsistent with information he had provided to programme producers before going on air and Mr Bradbury later apologised to the programme’s Executive Producer.

It was made clear to him that while his invitation to appear as an occasional guest on The Panel was being withdrawn, it was not a ‘lifelong ban’.

I hope this information clarifies some of the issues that have been raised over the last few days.

Thanks again for your email. ”

Even without reading Bomber’s response to this tripe, I could see what it was: tripe.

RNZ did indeed panic and has mis-calculated badly.

By the way; as I write this, I’m listening to Jim Mora’s show. One of the Guest Panellists is— David Farrar.

Oh, the irony.

But I guess David doesn’t have to mind his “p’s” and “q’s”…

30. By Tara on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Stefan your attack on Bombers personality makes me cringe.

I think both RNZ and Key harmed their own image.
      Punishing Bomber for the wrong actions of both RNZ and Key is gross and unjust.
      Its a lifetime ban for speaking the truth.
      Its Radio hypocrisy.

31. By Bill on Oct 11, 2011 | Reply

Am I the only one that is perplexed by the inference that Bradbury was the only lefty on “The Panel?”

What about Gary McCormick, Bryan Edwards, Michelle O’Court, Gary Moore? I’d say RNZ struggles to find a decent counter foil to most of their guests.

New Zealand has a heap of liberal lefties out there for RNZ to choose from yet.

I heard the ravings of Bradbury that day and think that it was that he went way overboard in the way he said what he said to the point that it was cringeworthy enough to loose the point of the message, which may have been right.

He was a cringe worthy as David Brent from the office, you knew what he was getting at but the delivery…

I don’t think they should have banned him though. He was just venting which is what he does.

32. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Was pretty mean to you earlier (on this page) Joe Blow, apologies for that: jumped the gun again (did not read your post properly and automatically assumed that you would wholeheartedly support the expulsion of Martyn Bradbury from that Mora Drivel-Fest which usually has Richard Griffin and other similar capitalist Tapeworms on it).

You aint a bad dude Joe Blow, but what you oughtta do is read more widely – the Global Research Website ought to be like an Aladdin’s Cave for a reader like you.

Why not take a look at it sometime?

33. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Kate Lang: you are a fabulous writer. Excellent Post.

34. By Cliff on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Episodes like this, and Key’s constant hunting for photo opportunities, have me convinced that he sees being PM as some sort of game/trophy to be exhibited on his cv. If (unfortunately probably when) the National Party is re-elected, I wonder how long he will stick around. He is bound to get bored, particularly when even some of the hitherto “friendly” media start questioning his behaviour, and lack of vision.
      It is amazing that he and the Nats have managed t maintain their level of popularity.
      BTW – isn’t it interesting how he has gone very quiet over the “Rena” disaster, after being said to demand answers. Someone must have told him to keep his head down and let Stephen Joyce take the heat.

35. By Michael on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Well said, very well said.

36. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

If yer fink maffew hooter that this is not going to get far (unless Gordon Campbell Bans me, and am astounded that Gordon Campbell has not long done so!!!) – er, fink yer name iz Hooton aint it Maffew?

Maffew: why not just speak it straight and Cut-And-Paste Mein Kampfe all over Werewolf???

37. By Cam on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Stefan, I agree. The bomber is a fuckwit.

38. By Nick on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

“A relationship of trust and confidence between the programme presenter, producers, and panellists is essential for the programme to be effective.”

Should read

“A relationship of trust and confidence to toe the party line, support the views of the ruling class, capital and its state between the programme presenter, producers, and panellists is essential for the programme to be an effective vehicle for right wing propaganda.”

39. By harry rickit on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

A great article. I only picked up on the story today via of all places TVNZ’s ‘Good Morning’ in a panel discussion featuring Pam Corkery and Wallace Chapman. As a public broadcaster RNZ must keep a range of opinions on air, especially in an election year.

40. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

41. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Cam, are you that poisonous capitalist Toad that on other websites calls itself “Whale Oil”?

42. By slaterhater on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Never thought I’d say this being such a pinko-commie, but sell the bloody thing. If that’s the attitude of RNZ relegate it to gthe gutter with all the other partisan stations. Shame about brian and mary and kim and geoff and that worthy lot, tho.

43. By Leon Henderson on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Geoff Robinson and Kim Hill should get married.

Hang on a minute! They probably are!!!

44. By Martin Higgins on Oct 12, 2011 | Reply

Well said Gordon. Made me get off my bum and write this to Radio NZ.

“Afternoons with Jim Mora is a programme based on the daring proposition that people are capable of thinking in the afternoon as well as in the morning. This show aims to banish post-prandial torpor with lots of audience interactivity.”
      Where was this statement of aims published on your website when you banned Bomber? Are Radio New Zealand soon to be rebranded Radio National Zealand, firmly in the pocket of a no shock jock called John Key whose broadcasting skills are noticeable by their total absence, as are his political skills. Or will that comment mean you will ban me from writing to you ever again?
      Freedom of speech in a democracy is sacrosanct. We may not agree with what is said but we must always fight for the right of people to say it. Otherwise we might as well roll over and play dead.
      Rethink your decision, please, for the sake of democracy and free speech.

45. By lyndon on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Andrew Geddis: You have the right to free speech as long as you’re not dumb enough to actually try it

46. By Leon Henderson on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Martin Higgins: John Key/Stephen Joyce? William English/Donald Brash (who Joyce/Key is going to slimily give the Epsom Electorate to through the back door by giving it to John Banks).

If they are allowed to “manage” that in November, then ACT are going to get five more Creeps into Parliament in November.

It is not inevitable though.

Destroy them!

Vote Mighty, Mighty New Zealand Green Party or else Hone Harawera Mana Party.

Lucklessly, to defeat the slimy John Key/Stephen Joyce/William English/Donald Brash amalgum in November,it is necessary in November to have to vote for the so-called “Labour Party” for the “local electorate vote”.

Deadbeats, for example, like Claire Curran.

Give Me The Nearest Bucket!

Will still do do it though in November, but for God’s sake gimme that bucket.

47. By Leon Henderson on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

That shipwreck (a rotting Wall-Street-owned rustbucket with a starvation-”wage” Phillipino crew on around twenty cents an hour as so-called “wages”) is being treated by the boss of National Radio (the old National/ACT Party Hack Richard Griffin), who throughout the entire 1980′s was the Chief Political Editor of Radio New Zealand! When James Bolger/Ruth Richardson/Jennifer Shipley got into power in 1990, Griffin immediately became Bolger’s personal Public Relations Spokesman!!!

The Mighty New Zealand Green Party are who always have been furiously fighting on behalf of the families of the West Coast miners (the so-called “Labour” Party limp-wristedly tried to pretend that they “cared” about the dead miners and feebly tried to make out that they gave a single shit, but that useless political party is worth as much as tits on a man) and angrily demanding their disinternment, and always have been absolutely spewing about the John Key National Party in the 1990′s eliminating the State Mining Safety Inspectorate. Key and his his brethren claimed that capitalism should be “Self-Policing”.

Cave Creek, West Coast Mining Disaster, and now the Tauranga shipwreck.

National Radio refuses to interview Mighty, Mighty, New Zealand Green Party Members: the New Zealand Green Party should be the immediate people for the media to go to ask about things like this, because the Mighty Green Party have got many experts both here and abroad about ecological disasters – it is an absolute outrage that they are being completely ignored by National Radio.

Richard Griffin is the Boss: what a surprise!!!

48. By Harrythedog on Oct 13, 2011 | Reply

Hear hear. Unfortunately, RNZ’s actions will only serve to confirm Bradbury’s self-image of martyred maverick. Plagues, houses, etc.

49. By Paul on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

What? Are you trying to make a point without actually making one? Easier to defend I suppose.

50. By Leon Henderson on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

Young people in this country have no way of accurately knowing even the recent Socio-Economic-Political history of this Nation because they are not told about it when they are in Skool.

In fact, the only things that they are brainwashed with in Skool, is what they tried to “Programme” me with, and which is “Headgear” to make you useful to capitalists.

I can count!

I can write!

I can obey instructions!

Let us forcibly tip them over on their collective Arses in November by voting Mighty, Mighty, New Zealand Green Party, Hone Harawera Mana Party, and, of course vote for MMP as our Electoral System (all you young dudes – there IS real hope, but only if you vote. VOTE!!!).

51. By Maggie wilkinson on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

As a long time listener of Jim Mora’s show I have become rather discontent at the right leaning curve. This latest incident proves that Journalist in general have been enjoying a long running affair with John Key, something I have suspected for awhile

52. By Peter Sim on Oct 14, 2011 | Reply

I could not believe that Bradbury had been banned for life from National Radio.

What was his “crime”?

Bradbury is a loud mouthed opinionated ranter.

So are a lot of other people, Hooton and Farrar for instance.

Cavanagh is Australian, therefore knows how to bowl underarm.

Crosby Textor are Australian, they know how to bowl underarm.

Griffin is a Tory toady and spin doctor.

There is an election nearby (most of the media seem not to have noticed).

I do not favour conspiracy theories, it is usually blundering idiocy that cause embarrassments.

The grey ghost of Greytown has blundered, gloriously.

53. By Phil on Oct 25, 2011 | Reply

Shame on RNZ for censoring free speech. No one seems to have commented on the severe “editing” of the video of JK at the time of the person trying to enter the chamber, which was the genesis of the
      heated response from the opposition and Bomber. The video on Stuff showing JK behaving in a poor light was taken down very quickly and can not be found. Funny that.

1. 1 Trackback(s)

2. Oct 10, 2011: Bradbury banned from Radio New Zealand for criticising John Key « fearfactsexposed